Thursday, January 8, 2015

Remembering the bees

To ease myself back into thinking and writing about such things as bees and my "old life", I will share another small reminder of when I was an artist and an entomologist.

A tiny illustration of mine  which I did a few years ago for one of my mentors (Robbin Thorp) in grad school appears in this fantastic book. He sent me a copy and as I flipped through the pages, I remembered how much I missed those bees.

http://www.amazon.com/California-Bees-Blooms-Gardeners-Naturalists/dp/1597142948

Since I last posted, I gained my certification as a master naturalist and became a mother. So of late, I am primarily a parent and seldom get the chance to use my brain to think about insects. But every once and a while a friend or family member will inevitably have a 'bug question' and shoot me a text or email or inquire in casual conversation and I always jump at a chance to help out and share my knowledge when I can. This is an attempt to revive that part of my life again by sharing my thoughts and encounters with the natural world once again, here.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's high time. Enjoy!